Time to put the thinking cap on: have you made your Father’s Day plans yet? This is a good time to think about what you might want to do, or if you just want to add some more fun throughout the day. There are so many events to celebrate during the summer, and one of the best ones is Father’s Day. The weather is warm, people want to go out and spend time with dad, and what better way than to take the whole family to a local flea market? We’ve got a list of 5 different flea markets to attend or sell at on Father’s Day!
1. The 35th Annual Walnut Antique Show in Walnut, IA – Held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday over Father’s Day weekend, this turn-of-the-century event offers brick and tree-lined streets, country hospitality, and existing halls and shops that make for the perfect setting for the whole family. Over 300 dealers from across the U.S. set up their booths with fine antiques and collectibles. Between 20,000 and 30,000 people shop the show each year, which makes it one of Iowa’s most popular destinations. The community and local organizations get involved by providing a variety of food and snacks such as roast pork, brats, hamburgers, homemade ice cream, funnel cakes, and frozen fruit bars. For more information, visit www.walnutiowa.org/.
2. Nutley’s Annual Father’s Day Street Fair in Nutley, NJ – Arts and crafts vendors are wanted at this family-friendly fair! This annual event is taking place on Father’s Day from 10am-5pm with everything from live music and entertainment to exhibitors and artists showing off their work. There are over 125 exhibitors, kiddie rides and a climbing wall, kids games, face painters, amusements, and temp tattoos, just to name a few. Many local merchants and civic organizations will be participating, so don’t miss this opportunity and join in on the fun. There will also be fabulous festival foods such as shish-ka-bobs and Italian ices. For more information, visit https:/njvendors.com/events/counties-a-g/essex/nutley-nj-june-fathers-day-street-fair/.
3. Elephant’s Trunk Flea Market in New Milford, CT – Open every Sunday from as early as 4:45am-3:30pm, Elephant’s Trunk is one of CT’s largest flea markets. No two weekends are alike as there are always a different mix of vendors, merchandise, and food. Treasure hunters, antique collectors, farmers, up-cycler’s, and entrepreneurs all come together to sell what they love. The field is filled with over 500 vendors every Sunday, so this is the perfect opportunity to share your passion with father’s everywhere. For more information, visit http:/www.etflea.com/.
4. 33rd Annual North Dakota Farm Toy Show, Auction and Craft Show in La Moure, ND – This event is a perfect family outing for Father’s Day weekend! Saturday they are open from 9am-4pm and will have a children’s pedal pull at 1pm, a chicken barbecue starting around 4:30, and a farm toy auction at the La Moure Civic Center at 6pm. Sunday’s hours are from 10am-2pm. If you have some interesting farm toys you would like to auction, contact 701-883-5206 for more information. You can also visit their website at http:/www.toyfarmer.com/showsauctions.
5. Lakewood 400 Antiques Market in Cumming, GA – Named one of the “Best in America” by USA Today and the Huffington Post, this unique market is always held on the third weekend of every month. This upscale event features 500 spaces in a 75,000 square foot climate controlled building plus an outside veranda with courtyard dealers. In addition to the antiques and collectibles for sale, they also offer services like jewelry repair, restoration and appraisal, on-site framing, and furniture restoration. Take advantage of this opportunity to sell your vintage furniture, architectural collectibles, home décor, or whatever else you want to share. For more information, visit http:/www.lakewoodantiques.com/.