Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Renfro Trade Days plans grand opening for next week

In Alvarado, Texas, the new Renfro Trade Days flea market is a hot property. The market held a soft launch June 3, but the organizers faced an uphill slog against high temperatures. “We’ve learned that starting a flea market in a heat wave is the hardest way to do it,” says market manager Austin Palmeri. The family owned business bought the property and developed it for a swap meet, a longtime goal of Palmeri’s father. Covered spaces were erected on site, and the market has restrooms and parking. A grand opening is planned for Sept. 15.

So far, the market’s Thursday trade is its busiest so far, with 15 to 40 vendors showing up. Saturdays feature garage sale items, and Sundays are slower. The outdoor flea market is open all year round. The market has 60 covered spots now, and has room for up to 300. The flea market features a food truck, a sno-cone vendor, and face painting. A Web site and Facebook page are in development. The market has put up three billboards and has two radio ads in play. Spaces range in price from $10 to $20 per day, with the larger covered spaces commanding the premium. For more information, call (682) 234-2300.

Renfro Trade Days

The new Renfro Trade Days flea market is located at 7821 FM 917, in Alvarado, Texas.

Photo credit, with thanks: Renfro Trade Days.

Comments

7 Responses to “Renfro Trade Days plans grand opening for next week”
  1. Lee says:

That picture must have been taken when Renfro first opened; when that nice couple were running the concession stand and flea market. Their burgers were the best and there were actually vendors. Since they are gone; the place is more like a graveyard; no vendors; no food.

2. Jessica says:

We were out there last Saturday… Great food and good turnout. We’ll be back this weekend. @Lee – We were out there this summer too, it was slow, but it was also 105. We decided to wait until it cooled off a bit.

3. Maria Lopez says:

Place looks like a junk yard. Smelly porta pots. Not one single vendor present on Thursday mornings. Drove back on Saturday mornings and there wasn’t a single vendor, nor, owner there to give out information. Asked around the local stores about it and they said it was a few vendors the first 3 weeks it was open, then after that, it’s been empty. Owner has bad reputation in the neighborhood that is why “his” name wasn’t mentioned in ad.

4. Lee says:

Jessica;

Not sure we are talking about the same place; Renfro has been deserted for weeks. I do most of my shopping at flea markets and garage sales; and never let the heat or for that matter the cold keep me away. Since that is how most vendors support themselves; I think they might agree with me. I did not mean to offend you or your family; you must related to the owner.
    Renfro has the makings of a great flea market; under the right management; look forward to the grand opening.

\]

5. Renfro Trade Days says:

Hi Maria! I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I know the weather was HOT which decreased business during the summer, but we’re excited about the anticipated growth now that we’re stepping into Fall and cooler temps. What can we do to make it up to you? How about a Free Weekend in September? I have given your name to the Manager – Austin. Please give him your name and he will make sure to save you a spot on us!

6. Theresa says:

I went Saturday, bought some things, mostly because I felt bad for the vendors with no traffic. I ask around about who to speak with about renting spaces for food vendors…but found no one who knew.
    I’d appreciate someone emailing me some information.

7. becky says:

We will set up there this weekend. It is a nice area I have always like it there but it needs to pick up some. We do pictures frames and odd and ends come check us out.