Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Olde Hadley Flea Market

45 Lawrence Plain Road (Route 47 South)

Hadley, MA 01035

Manager/Owner: Mr. Raymond Szala

Phone: 413-586-0352

Open Sun. 6am-5pm, the Sunday after Easter through 1st week in November.

Comments

22 Responses to “Olde Hadley Flea Market”
  1. Daniel Robins says:

We have been going to your flea market for over 25 years and enjoy it very much . We do flea markets all over the east coast and think that yours is one of the best. The only problem we see is the DOGS.Yours is the ONLY flea market we have ever been too that allows pets. The people at your market don’t pick up the droppings from their dogs and there is always dog fights in the crowds. Could you PLEASE ban pets from your market and make it a lot more pleasurable enjoying your excellent show. We also set up there on occasion. Thanks Dan

• jed says:

I drove by this morning and the market will open 4/21/2913. The dogs are great and their owners are respectful. Please bring your dogs and keep the weiners at home.

2. dave osleger says:

I see April 18th listed as Opening Day for the 2011 year.
    Shouldn’t it be April 17th??? as April 18 is a Monday.
    I will be setting up on April 17th hopefully and most other Sundays. I drive 70 miles each way from Conn. because it is the BEST Flea Market around.
    PLEASE CONFIRM OPENING DAY FOR 2011 AGAIN.
    Thanks a million,
    Dave

3. Mark says:

I have been going to this flea market for 20 years and have seen no problems with dogs, no fights, no stepping in pooh, etc. The person who commented on this must be going to another flea market or something. I don’t bring my dog but I see no problem with people bringing their dogs to this flea market.

4. Peter desi says:

I have gone to this flea market most sundays for several years. I only saw one problem with a dog owner not picking up the mess in front of a vendor. The vendor confronted the dog owner and told him to clean it up. I have never seen a fight or problem between dogs and most dog owners seem to keep their dogs in check. If all dog owners paid attention to these details there would be no problems at all.

5. JIM says:

My husband and I have been attending the flea market for years and have only started taking our 2 dogs with us. We have never had any problems with other animals and as far as picking up after our pets, we make sure we bring bags to pick up our pets poop and we make sure our pets do not damage anyones merchandise. Being able to take our pets is what we like best about this flea market. It gives us the opportunity to converse with other pet owners and our pets have as good of a time as we do. It’s nice that the owner of this flea market is as open minded about pets and obviously must be a pet lover himself.

Jim & Terry

6. Devlin says:

To the comment about banning dogs, I think it is unfortunate that people that merely don’t like dogs want to ban them from everywhere they see fit. This happened at a local park in Amherst, where dogs can’t run free anymore after 10 a.m., and are to be put on leashes on what used to be the best dog hiking area around. There is a fine if your dog is caught off-leash. Are dog owners going to be forced to always tie-up/leave there friendly dogs at home on nice days and not bring them out in public places anymore with them? That is cruel. This flea market with children, teenagers, adults, and elderly all benefit from the company of dogs who go to the flea market and get to pet them. Has Dan ever heard of a “Therapy dog” before? I have NEVER seen a dog fight or a dog mess that was left by a careless owner at the flea market. When my dog had an accident I was sure to pick it up and dispose of it properly. Please do NOT ban dogs, because I feel it would be unfair for the dog owners that have been going to your shows for many years that have been responsible, just because someone is afraid of them and dislikes them.

7. Jake says:

Bring your own table. The people here are pretty great. … theres no problem with dogs. Lots of food vendors which is nice.

8. thomas dibella says:

How much is it to rent a spot for the flea market?

9. Donna says:

I think dogs should be allowed. True, most do not. This means I cannot set up anywhere because I do have a small dog that I cannot leave alone at home. I live in Ct. and was thinking of setting up myself and was happy to see I could bring my dog. He would be tied and never have contact with people or other dogs. He is very friendly and well behaved for a rescued dog. thank you for allowing dogs.

10. Rickie says:

I have been going to the flea market for years and have NEVER had an issue with poop or other dogs. I sometimes bring mine and have done so with no problems. How about if you cant deal with dogs, dont go to this flea market….

11. j gez says:

have heard a rumor that you will not open in 2013. is that true? if not when is the opening day? thanks ms j

12. Trouble says:

I spoke with Raymond, he gave APRIL 21, 2013 as opening day!

13. Dora says:

Ok u call that number and some random guy answers the phone even at 1am.
    Need to have an answering service with hours of operation or when u open for season!!

14. Carlos Mendez says:

Olde Hadley Flea Market,opening day for 2013 is april 21,

15. Corinne says:

What kinds of things can be sold at this flea market? I have a bunch of stuff leftover from a tagsale and would like to know the details about selling at the flea market – how to set it up and also what kinds of things can be sold. Wondering about clothes, books, household items, plants, jewelry, etc
    thanks!

16. Nikki says:

Hi, I was wondering if it’s too late to rent a spot as a vendor here? If not, how much does it cost, and can you rent by the day rather than by the whole season? Thank you!

17. Scott says:

I was wondering if there is going to be an indoor location for the winter. I am hoping to enjoy the flea market all year long to escape the winter blues

18. Letty says:

I need to contact the men that makes the cute & creative mailboxes. Some seller told me that he is there sometimes..

Please HELP!

19. Maryellen says:

Are you open for 2014?

20. Ashley Matos says:

Im only 21 and i have been going to this flea market since i was sixteen with my mother. Now me and my husband bring our son who is 1 and he enjoys and loves the environment. I love this flea market and refuse to go to any other one . Thanks for giving me a place i feel at home to shop at.